A while back, or lets see... Several years ago... Maybe more than a few years ago, I took a workshop on a "fast and easy" way to make Flying Geese blocks. The method involved cutting squares and rectangles, sewing and flipping... but not the way you would think. At the end, you suddenly had a stack of geese blocks. I cut out a lot of pieces and sewed a few blocks, then went home and forgot the whole thing. Last year I came across the blocks and decided to sew the few geese blocks I had completed to the remaining pre-geese pieces. The leftovers from this quilt
were on top of the pile, so I added them into the mix. These new, larger blocks with a first border were set aside for another year. Finally, this summer I added a final lets-finish-up-this-fish-fabric border and called it done. A quilt mash-up of two old projects... the best name suggested for this quilt so far is "Sleeping with the Fishes".